CELEBRATE CINCO DE MAYO AT A SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO HOTEL
Cinco de Mayo is More Than Margaritas
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday full of rich history that is celebrated and enjoyed by many. The holiday remembers the Battle of Puebla, a triumph of the Mexican army over the French on May 5, 1862. Now people across the world join in the celebration of the Mexican culture on this day each year. San Juan, Puerto Rico is no exception, and is the perfect destination to book a hotel stay and relish this beloved holiday.
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo the Right Way in San Juan, Puerto Rico
This year, to fully embrace Cinco de Mayo try making the most of this historical celebration, by:
- Dressing for the occasion. Celebrate the holiday by incorporating the traditional green, white and red Mexican colors into your attire for the day. Nothing shows your spirit more than dressing the part as you partake in the traditional festivities.
- Playing traditional Mexican music. Mariachi bands are ideal for this festive holiday. This lively music sets the scene for any Cinco de Mayo party and provides an unmistakable, body-moving beat. And here, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, we live to dance. Salsa is enjoyed across the island as a favorite pastime – especially during holidays.
- Enjoying Mexican Food. San Juan, Puerto Rico is known for exceptional cuisine, and Latin inspired foods are no exception. Taste the traditional tacos or tortilla soup, or opt to try a twist on an old tradition – like the Churro Ice Cream Sandwich at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel’s own Tacos and Tequila.
- Sipping the perfect margarita. Of course the favored cocktail of choice on Cinco de Mayo will always be the margarita. But have you tried traditional Mezcal? While tequila can only be made with Blue Agave, Mezcal is made with upwards of 30 types of Agave. Cinco de Mayo is the definitive day to try your first taste of Mezcal.
- Celebrate Safely. As with any holiday or celebration, the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel encourages you to enjoy yourself safely. Enjoy all of the amenities of our hotel and on property dining experiences, or if venturing around San Juan, be sure to utilize a safe taxi ride while you enjoy the day’s celebrations.
Cinco de Mayo at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel’s Tacos & Tequila
This year, the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel will host a sexy Beach Soiree to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at our new dining experience, Tacos and Tequila – a first of it’s kind establishment, launched in partnership with Patron Tequila. This indoor/outdoor restaurant located right in the hotel is the perfect venue to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The tropical breeze, the sound of the waves right outside, and the Latin music set the scene, but as the name promises, Tacos and Tequila are the stars of the show. A delightful and exotic variety of tacos are available, as prepared by Executive Chef Juan Jose Cuevas of the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, as well as other Mexican favorites. Unparalleled tequila cocktails are prepared with over nine varieties of Tequila Patron and Patron Roca alongside fresh local ingredients.
Join our Beach Soiree complete with Mariachi Band and Guest DJ on the Beach from 6-11pm on Thursday, May 5th.